ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-res-sga]

RE: [gnso-res-sga] Proposed discussion outline

  • To: "'Metalitz, Steven'" <met@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-res-sga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-res-sga] Proposed discussion outline
  • From: "Peter Stevenson- Fabulous.com" <peter.stevenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 10:33:27 +1000

Hi all,

Just a few comments as I will not be on the call.

Steve Delbianco- (http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-res-sga/msg00007.html)

2. WHAT issues is the OPOC required to handle - or not:

At time of registration or upon any change in OPoC designation, the
registrar should roll proxy contacts to the OPoC.

Comment:
I take it the main reason for a proxy OPoC to be shown, is that the
Registrar must verify the OPoC before they are listed. Perhaps the OPoC
could be listed as 'Unverified' then once verified by the Registrar of
record can be shown as 'Verified'.

'Verified' meaning the Registrar has confirmed the OPoC for this domain
name.

4. HOW would these responsibilities be enforced - what happens if they are
not fulfilled?

Comment:
Both items 3 and 4 can be done at Registrar level, is there any reason to
involve the Registry?

Verification process

The verification process for the OPoC is something that I find hard to
comprehend due to the enormity of the task.

Thanks

Peter Stevenson
Fabulous.com