ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

[gnso-restruc-dt] Status of restructuring effort

  • To: gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-restruc-dt] Status of restructuring effort
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:04:23 -0400

Hi,

Rob has prepared the attached based on our last meeting. Please review it to make sure it reflects your understanding from that meeting.

We also need to plan on a meeting time to work through the items in the hope of finishing in time to seat the new council in Sydney. My first suggestion is that we use the Council meeting time slot on Thursday's when the council is not meeting. But other suggestions can also be explored in a doodle .

As was said in Mexico City, any of the constituencies can include council member substitutes in this team. I have cc'ed the constituencies chairs who were not already members of the list on this message. I invite them to join this list so they can at least track the work being done in the restructuring.

Anyone participating in this Drafting Team who is not a council member or who has not already submitted and SOI for another effort will need to submit a SOI as part of their participation. For example we have representatives from some of the candidate constituencies on the list already and I do not believe we have SOIs from them yet, though we may.

It is my hope that we can make our way through these tasks quickly so that we can minimize the time spent in this effort but still finish the work in time for Sydney and still be able to work on GNSO Council policy tasks. The good this is that the sooner we finish this work, the sooner we can get back to focusing solely on the Council's policy tasks.

thanks
a.