ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Meeting invitation

  • To: gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Meeting invitation
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 17:01:56 -0400

Hi,

On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 11:13 +0200, philip.sheppard@xxxxxx wrote:
> Lets list the questions for the Board.
> Then decide the best way to deal with them.
>

> We may waste time on the live call otherwise.

I agree that putting together a list of questions would be a good thing,
and I will present that as a possibility to Raimundo.

There are several concerns I have about doing only that:

- are we sure we can agree on the wording of the questions.  some of the
items were there is a difference of interpretation on the Board's
instructions may require a lot of work to document the differences.
Participation in a meeting might shortcut some of the time it would take
to come up with an expression of the questions that everyone could agree
with.

-  we are already running very late in this process due to some of the
interpretation differences that exist between some members of the
council and the policy staff.  Going through the time it took to craft
proper questions, send them on, and wait for answers, would slow things
down even further.

At this point doing anything that might further impede forward progress
seems, to me, to be counter indicated.

Since most of those who responded, responded favorably to my making the
invitation I will.  I will however give him a choice of receiving a set
of questions instead.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to take a first crack at crafting a set
of questions, that might be a good thing.

thanks
a.