ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q18 on thresholds - chairs and vice chairs

  • To: gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q18 on thresholds - chairs and vice chairs
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 20:03:00 +0200

On 15 May 2009, at 19:47, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

I actually am relatively optimistic that we will usually be able to
achieve the '60% of both houses' threshold. As Philip pointed out, the Council has been successful electing chairs for 10 years. Granted that the voting thresholds will be different but it still should be generally
possible to identify a candidate who has sufficient support.

I think so too, it is just that there has to be a fall back.

So are people in agreement  with:

60% of each house
with  rounds of voting if there are more then  2 candidates
ballot includes none of the above option

if no candidate gets 60% positive from both houses after all rounds are complete. then v-chairs become acting co-chairs, and another election is held 4 months later.

?

BTW, in regard to:

But there are times when we disagree and in those
instances I usually just defer to her as the chair.

this can be solved by giving each of the co-chairs, the tie breaker in those cases, in alternate months:

flip a coin to see which one get it the first month, then alternate.

a.