ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Summary of current positons

  • To: gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Summary of current positons
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 17:56:48 -0400

Since I will not be at the meeting on Monday, here are a few thoughts/positions.

Q2: Name of the NCSG - I have already stated my views - http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-restruc-dt/msg00113.html

Q13: I strongly object to the proposed change to add "and members of the at-large community" to the definition of the NCSG. I particularly object to the further suggestion that "At-Large" be used, which would imply an explicit intersection of the formal ICANN At-Large organization and the GNSO. Even with the lower case version, this would cause continual confusion and the need for additional explanations ad infinitum. The original words "full range of non-commercial entities" were sufficiently clear and inclusive.

Q17: The third NCA lost its vote because there was no viable way to prevent it once the decision was made to place him/her on the Council but not in a house. There is NO rationale for removing any other privileges associates with being a Council member.

Q19: I don't think that we can leave the definition of "within scope" to legal council as suggested in line 76. We have no choice but to leave the interpretation of the definition to them, but there needs to be SOME basis on which to start.

Alan