Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Summary of current positons
- To: gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Summary of current positons
- From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 17:56:48 -0400
Since I will not be at the meeting on Monday, here are a few
Q2: Name of the NCSG - I have already stated my views -
Q13: I strongly object to the proposed change to add "and members of
the at-large community" to the definition of the NCSG. I particularly
object to the further suggestion that "At-Large" be used, which would
imply an explicit intersection of the formal ICANN At-Large
organization and the GNSO. Even with the lower case version, this
would cause continual confusion and the need for additional
explanations ad infinitum. The original words "full range of
non-commercial entities" were sufficiently clear and inclusive.
Q17: The third NCA lost its vote because there was no viable way to
prevent it once the decision was made to place him/her on the Council
but not in a house. There is NO rationale for removing any other
privileges associates with being a Council member.
Q19: I don't think that we can leave the definition of "within scope"
to legal council as suggested in line 76. We have no choice but to
leave the interpretation of the definition to them, but there needs
to be SOME basis on which to start.
At 21/05/2009 01:16 PM, Avri Doria wrote:
Though a few days later then promised, attached is a snapshot of where
the issues seems to stand at the moment.
The tables were originally prepared by Margie and then edited by Chuck
and me. They contain our best approximation of the current levels of
support but we are hoping that others will comment on the accuracy of
those estimates and help correct any that are in error. If possible
I would like to put out an updated version of the table before our
meeting, which is still tentatively scheduled for Monday.
Please send any initial edit to the list.
Other then for accounting for any responses we may receive from the
Board/SIC to our questions, we need to start working toward consensus,
or at least rough consensus, on all the issues.
The agenda for our next meeting, after reviewing any responses we have
gotten for the SIC or the Board, would be to read through the changes
and try to close as many as possible. I figure we will read thorugh
the list at least twice so that everyone will have a chance to
comment, even if she misses the first meeting.
In terms of overall schedule I would really like to be able to present
the DT's conclusions and motions for constituency and community review
before Sydney, to have this on the open meeting agenda and to close it
with a vote (or votes) at the council meeting following Sydney.