ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Opinion gather on q3

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Opinion gather on q3
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 10:28:56 -0400

My responses to the Doodle poll are my own personal views and are not
necessarily the views of the RyC; I have initiated a request for input
from the RyC on this and will communicate that if it differs from mine.

I prefer option 2 (The Nomcom assigns NCAs to a house or to the
non-house option) assuming that the NomCom is given some general
qualifications from the GNSO that include some general familiarity with
the Houses and the Council and that the NomCom is encouraged to select
someone for the non-voting seat who may have meeting leadership skills;
b) I lean toward option 7 (Should be defined in GSNO Process and
Procedures) instead of option 6 (Should be defined in the By-laws)
because I think this is an area where we will learn a lot over time so
we may need some flexibility.

Chuck