ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] updated draft of bylaws

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] updated draft of bylaws
  • From: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:49:59 -0700

One comment on ARTICLE X: GENERIC NAMES SUPPORTING ORGANIZATION; SECTION 3. GNSO COUNCIL. 6.

Just for clarity and consistency sake, we should add the word "members" after "six" and put it in parenthesis for NCSG - the same way this is communicated for the other SG's.

So it would read:
6. Typically for voting purposes, the GNSO Council (see Section 3(1) of this Article) shall be organized into a bicameral house structure as described below:

a. the Contracted Parties House includes the Registries Stakeholder Group (three members), the Registrar Stakeholder Group (three members), and one voting member appointed by the ICANN Nominating Committee for a total of seven voting members; and b. the Non Contracted Party house includes the Commercial Stakeholder Group (six members), the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group (six members), and one voting member appointed by the ICANN Nominating Committee to that House for a total of thirteen voting members.

INSTEAD of :

6. Typically for voting purposes, the GNSO Council (see Section 3(1) of this Article) shall be organized into a bicameral house structure as described below:

a. the Contracted Parties House includes the Registries Stakeholder Group (three members), the Registrar Stakeholder Group (three members), and one voting member appointed by the ICANN Nominating Committee for a total of seven voting members; and b. the Non Contracted Party house includes the Commercial Stakeholder Group (six members), the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group six, and one voting member appointed by the ICANN Nominating Committee to that House for a total of thirteen voting members.

Thank you,

Robin