ICANN ICANN Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Feedback from SIC

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Feedback from SIC
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:09:57 -0400

Thanks Avri.  I assume you meant July 9 instead of Feb 9 in the next to
last sentence of your message.


        From: owner-gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Avri Doria
        Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 1:11 AM
        To: gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
        Subject: [gnso-restruc-dt] Feedback from SIC

        I received email from Raimundo containing the following:

                Just in case that Roberto didn't had the time to explain
it to you, let me

                confirm that the idea regarding the seats 13 and 14 is
that if the Council

                doesn't agree in a wording tomorrow, then the SIC and
the Board will do it,

                after the Public Comments. Consistently, the appointment
by the Board of

                three Councillors at the NCSG will be added also by the
Boar as a transition


        I have responded on the first point concerning the elections,
that I did not expect 
        the council to be making a decision on that, but rather that the
council was still
        waiting on the Board to decide whether it had accepted the idea
of the election
        of those seats by the Houses and whether the order previous
        could be changed.

        I also let him know that we had delayed our meeting by a week
and thanked 
        him for the response related to the NCSG.

        On the issue issue of the NCSG, their response means that in
article XX,
        Section 5.1.4 can now be completed and the comment removed.

        d. The three seats currently assigned to the Non-Commercial
Users Constituency
        shall be reassigned as three of the seats of the Non-Commercial
Stakeholder Group;
        and 3 seats designated by the ICANN Board of Directors.

        Given the SIC's position on the Board seat elections, and given
that this is as far
        as the Draft team of the Whole was able to get with the sense of
the meeting of
        people doing the final walk through in Sydney, I believe this is
the last change 
        we should make before the staff publishes the draft for
community comment.  
        Any other changes then can be made by council members offering a
        textual amendment that can be voted in in the 9 Feb meeting
before we vote 
        on the entire bylaw set.  I.e. as the draft team will not be
meeting before that council 
        meeting, no more 'friendly amendments' can be adopted.



<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy