ICANN ICANN Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Feedback from SIC

  • To: gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Feedback from SIC
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:27:28 +0200


yes i meant 9 Jul.

normally i am a chronoptimist but this was definitely Freudian chronopessismism

thanks for the correction.


On 1 Jul 2009, at 16:09, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

Thanks Avri. I assume you meant July 9 instead of Feb 9 in the next to last sentence of your message.


From: owner-gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx ] On Behalf Of Avri Doria
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 1:11 AM
To: gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gnso-restruc-dt] Feedback from SIC


I received email from Raimundo containing the following:

Just in case that Roberto didn't had the time to explain it to you, let me confirm that the idea regarding the seats 13 and 14 is that if the Council doesn't agree in a wording tomorrow, then the SIC and the Board will do it, after the Public Comments. Consistently, the appointment by the Board of three Councillors at the NCSG will be added also by the Boar as a transition

I have responded on the first point concerning the elections, that I did not expect the council to be making a decision on that, but rather that the council was still waiting on the Board to decide whether it had accepted the idea of the election of those seats by the Houses and whether the order previous recommended
could be changed.

I also let him know that we had delayed our meeting by a week and thanked
him for the response related to the NCSG.

On the issue issue of the NCSG, their response means that in article XX,
Section 5.1.4 can now be completed and the comment removed.

d. The three seats currently assigned to the Non-Commercial Users Constituency shall be reassigned as three of the seats of the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group;
and 3 seats designated by the ICANN Board of Directors.

Given the SIC's position on the Board seat elections, and given that this is as far as the Draft team of the Whole was able to get with the sense of the meeting of people doing the final walk through in Sydney, I believe this is the last change we should make before the staff publishes the draft for community comment. Any other changes then can be made by council members offering a specific textual amendment that can be voted in in the 9 Feb meeting before we vote on the entire bylaw set. I.e. as the draft team will not be meeting before that council
meeting, no more 'friendly amendments' can be adopted.



<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy