ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

[gnso-rn-wg] Proposed Agenda for 24 Feb Meeting

  • To: <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rn-wg] Proposed Agenda for 24 Feb Meeting
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:06:52 -0500

I have attached the proposed agenda for our Saturday, 24 February
meeting.  Please review it and provide any suggested changes to me not
later than Tuesday, 20 February.

Also, I want to call your attention to several items on the agenda:

Agenda item 9:  Scheduling of expert consultations

*
        Do you recommend that a consultation involving the full working
group be held regarding your reserved name category?
*
        If so, what expert(s) should be consulted?
*
        Communicate names of experts to the list as soon as possible.

Agenda item 6.a -  Review of and action on Reports from WG members re.
the role of reserved names - Possible 'low hanging fruit'

*
        Note that, if the reports are completed prior to our meeting on
24 February, we will try to take action on the reports for the following
categories:

                NIC/Whois/www
                Tagged domain names
                ICANN and IANA related names
                Names reserved at the third level

*
        Therefore, I want to encourage the small groups responsible for
reports regarding the above categories to do your best to complete the
reports and submit them to the list not later than Wednesday, 21
February.
*
        I also ask that all group members make every effort to review
all reports regarding the above four categories prior to the 24 February
meeting.

Agenda item 6.b - Other categories of reserved names

*       While I do not think that it is realistic for the small groups
working on the other categories of reserved names to complete the
reports before next weeks meeting, it is very important that significant
progress be made before than meeting because, as can be seen below, we
are running out of time.

Agenda item 7 - Timeline
a.       Remaining meetings

i.      Thursday, 1 March

ii.      Thursday, 8 March

iii.      Thursday, 15 March

b.      Deadline for approval of final report: 15 March

Chuck Gomes