ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

[gnso-rn-wg] 2nd level single character proposal

  • To: GNSO RN WG <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rn-wg] 2nd level single character proposal
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:43:39 -0500

3.3 Single letters and numbers – second level: We recommend that single letters and numbers be released at the second level in future TLDs, and that those currently reserved in existing TLDs should be released.

Methods for allocating released names were discussed by the Sub- group. Three alternative recommendations are presented:

Suggested:

Single letters and numbers – second level: We recommend that single ascii letters and numbers be released at the second level in future TLDs, and that those currently reserved in existing TLDs should be released pending the development of an appropriate allocation method by the GNSO council.

Several methods for such allocation were discussed by the sub- group. These are available for review by any future group with the mandate to discuss and recommend allocation methods for 2nd level single character names.