ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

[gnso-rn-wg] Icann and IANA reserved names, + nic, whois and www

  • To: Reserved Names Working Group ICANN <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rn-wg] Icann and IANA reserved names, + nic, whois and www
  • From: Timothy Denton <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:33:28 -0400

All:
The latest versions of these two reports
1. Move the brief discussion of http, https and html to the ICANN and IANA report, and conclude that further work is not required on them. 2. state that, in the registry reserved names report, the discussion has been moved to the ICANN and IANA reserved names report.

Also, it seems that if further consultation is to take place with country code managers, it would be appropriate to concentrate all our questions in one questionnaire once asked, and not to pester them with repeated requests for many small points of information.

I do not consider that further consultation with cc managers about nic, whois and www would change the Working Group's inclinations to keep them reserved.

--
Timothy Denton, BA, BCL
37 Heney Street