ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

Re: [gnso-rn-wg] RN-WG Questions: Report detail: DISPUTES AND OBJECTIONS

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-rn-wg] RN-WG Questions: Report detail: DISPUTES AND OBJECTIONS
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:48:49 -0400

On 12 mar 2007, at 12.38, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

Why are you opposed to asking the GAC if it is okay to include their
draft guidelines in our report?

Nice blunt way to put the question, and one that deserves a blunt answer.

The GAC draft is public, and as such can be discussed, and I am opposed to giving any group the right to curtail free speech and open discussion of issues on the table.

As I said, I am more then willing to ask them for the verbatim disclaimer they would wish to see included in the report. I am just not willing to have anyone tell the GNSO council or one of its WGs what, of public information, may not be freely discussed.

a.