ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

[gnso-rn-wg] Report for Other Names at the 2nd Level

  • To: "GNSO RN WG" <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rn-wg] Report for Other Names at the 2nd Level
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:39:32 -0400

Because no one from the subgroup dealing with Other Names at the 2nd
Level has taken the lead on finalizing the report, I took a crack at it
myself.  My suggested edits are highlighted in the attached file.

I encourage review and comment by all WG members, and I would especially
request comments from the subgroup members (Caroline Greer, Tamara
Reznik and Mike Rodenbaugh) because,  in the case of Section C of the
report (names not appearing in the reserved names appendix of Registry
contracts), I made some changes that may not be consistent with your
intent.  It is unlikely that new gTLDs will be evaluated in terms of the
sponsored and unsponsored models as previously done so some of the
wording relating to sponsors and sponsored gTLDs may not be applicable.

Chuck Gomes