ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

RE: [gnso-rn-wg] Updated Single and Two-character report

  • To: "Patrick Jones" <patrick.jones@xxxxxxxxx>, "GNSO RN WG" <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rn-wg] Updated Single and Two-character report
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:47:58 -0400

Patrick,

Was it the subgroup's intent to leave the first sentence of section 3 in
the report: "Expert consultations are ongoing and further draft straw
recommendations are in development by the Sub Group."  In other words,
is the subgroup continuing to work regardless of whether we get an
extension from the Council?

It would really be helpful if the recommendation section could be
cleaned up.  The tables should be numbered 3.x.  In some cases there are
IDN recommendations and in others not, unless I am missing something.
In Table 4.2 the first row is Top/ASCII but the recommendation mentions
IDN and do you mean ASCII letters for that row.  etc.

If one of you could do a clean-up of this section, it would really help.

Chuck Gomes