ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sl-wg]

RE: [gnso-sl-wg] RE: proposed approach to getting confirmation from 'technical experts' on their concurrence with Sub Group SL recommendations

  • To: "'Patrick Jones'" <patrick.jones@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-sl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-sl-wg] RE: proposed approach to getting confirmation from 'technical experts' on their concurrence with Sub Group SL recommendations
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 09:27:40 -0400

I am thinking that there aren't any, but it bears a second 'look'.  And the
interaction on single letters at top and second level were noted by the
technical experts related to RFC 1035. Has that question actually been
resolved? I think it may need a sentence or two to describe, and then we
should ask the technical experts to clarify whether they have a caution or
concern, or think that it does indeed conflict with an RFC. Since single
letters exist in the legacy TLDs, which are not single letters, at the
second level, we know that there are not problems at the second level, in
NON single letter TLDs. However, the reference to the interaction between
singleletter.single letter was mentioned  so needs to be clarified.

In recommending a test, that would be step one. Would that 'test ' result
then be used as the basis for any RFC change? IF one is needed?

  _____