ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sl-wg]

RE: [gnso-sl-wg] RE: Redline draft of 1 & 2 Character SG Report

  • To: "Alistair DIXON" <Alistair.Dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Patrick Jones" <patrick.jones@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-sl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-sl-wg] RE: Redline draft of 1 & 2 Character SG Report
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 08:33:54 -0400

Thanks Alistair.  I will let those of you in the subgroup deal with this
as you see best.  I don't have strong opinions on how to handle this but
just wanted to raise the issue for consideration.

Under the recommendations currently being considered by the subgroup, am
I correct that the following would happen: if a.com was registered, then
if and when single letters at the top level were allowed, a.a would be
reserved?  What if the registrant of a.com wanted .a?

Chuck Gomes