ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sti]

RE: [gnso-sti] Question about URS / Trying to cover loopholes

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl@xxxxxxx>, "gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-sti] Question about URS / Trying to cover loopholes
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:48:55 -0500

I think that the IRT said that a reply within 30 days of default cost no more than an on-time reply (neither was free). Our straws the base reply is free. I don't think that we discussed how long it stays free (presumably still 30 days).

Since we are talking about penalties for "abusive" use of the URS by TM holders, how about the same for registrants. If someone files a "late" response more than N times in a given period and loses, then successive late replies require an additional non-trivial fee.

Alan