ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sti]

RE: [gnso-sti] NCSG edits

  • To: "Kathy Kleiman" <Kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Margie Milam" <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-sti] NCSG edits
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 21:14:25 -0500

Please find enclosed a couple of comments on the URS
Section....Apologize I could not get this earlier, but I was driving the
whole day from Boston to DC.

1)     Section 4.2 should be changed to be more technically accurate
from "Filing an answer after a Default decision should cause the domain
name to resolve immediately to original website" to "Promptly after the
filing of an answer after a Default decision, the nameservers shall be
returned to the state in which it existed immediately prior to the
domain name being placed on hold." Same change should be made to Section
8.1.  The reason should be self-evident.  If not, I would be happy to
explain.

2)    We need to add a section on what happens in the case of a default.
6.6 talks about what happens upon an evaluation on the merits, but there
is no section that states that if there is a Default, then the name goes
on hold.  Presumably, that would be before Section 4.2.

I assume these changes are not controversial.

Thanks.

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you
have received this e-mail message in error and any review,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
notify us immediately and delete the original message.