ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sti]

Re: [gnso-sti] NCSG edits

  • To: "'GNSO STI'" <gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-sti] NCSG edits
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 22:48:17 -0500

Without invalidating the comments I previously submitted on behalf of ALAC, I support the changes submitted by Kathy with the following exceptions:

Intro to TC: Adding "verified" here seems at odds with the statement in 4.1 to accept marks from "all jurisdictions".

TC 9.1: In 2.2, we use the term "validation" to describe what the TC will do before accepting a mark into the database. "Review" is the term we are using for what SOME national TM authorities do. So "validation" seems correct in 9.1

URS 4.2 The original text reads "Filing an answer after a Default decision should cause the domain name to resolve immediately to original website." Ignoring the issues regarding a domain name resolving to IP address(es) and not just websites, the term "Default decision" is not sufficiently clear. Nothing happens to the DNS entry on default. On a Decision against the claimant (whether after a default or not) does not change the DNS. A decision FOR the claimant, (whether following a default or not) suspends the domain name. An late answer received after a decision for the claimant will reactivate the domain name.

I thought I covered that clearly in what I suggested should be section 5.x (section 5 discusses Answers).

Alan