ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sti]

Re: [gnso-sti] RE: Draft STI Report- Part II

  • To: "gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-sti] RE: Draft STI Report- Part II
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 21:18:36 -0500

I think that the distinction raised by Robin is reasonable. The lead sentence of each section says how beneficial we all think the TC or the URS will be. If I remember correctly, in each case, we were not asked whether we think it is a good idea, we were asked HOW to implement it assuming it will be implemented with or without our help.

I can certainly live with Jon's suggestion, and note that for the URS, we do have unanimous consensus that it should be mandatory - which was the point that Kathy was highlighting in her closing remarks.

Alan