ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sti]

RE: [gnso-sti]

  • To: <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "GNSO STI" <gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-sti]
  • From: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:24:42 -0500

Mike: Here are a couple of examples of the kinds of changes that I am
suggesting in the chart.  Obviously, the BC should feel free to add
whatever reasoning it wishes in its minority statement.  Thanks.  Jon

Go from

5.1 BC Minority position: Due to the watered down nature of IP Claims,
identical match and no Post Launch, these should not be referred to as
Rights Protection Mechanisms.  A true RPM would not exclude the latter
and would attempt to address defensive registration.  Remedies could
include a true IP Clearinghouse in conjunction a GPML or a Victim's List

5.1. BC Minority position: Due to the lack of identical match and no
Post Launch, these should not be referred to as Rights Protection
Mechanisms.

and

go from

9.1  BC minority position:  since registration in the Database provides
little or no TM protection, failure to file may be perceived to be lack
of vigilance by TM holders,

9.1. BC minority position:  Failure to file in Clearinghouse should not
be perceived to be lack of vigilance by TM holders,