ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhois-dt]

[gnso-thickwhois-dt] Amended apology - MP3 / Thick WHOIS PDP Drafting Team - recording 30 August 2012 at 18:00 UTC

  • To: Gisella Gruber <Gisella.Gruber@xxxxxxxxx>, Thick WHOIS PDP DT <Gnso-thickwhois-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-thickwhois-dt] Amended apology - MP3 / Thick WHOIS PDP Drafting Team - recording 30 August 2012 at 18:00 UTC
  • From: Gisella Gruber <Gisella.Gruber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 00:51:48 -0700

* Amended apology list *

Dear All,

The next Thick WHOIS PDP Drafting Team call is scheduled at the same time next
week, Thursday 6 September 2012 at 1800 UTC. The intention is to continue on
the same day / same time at a weekly or bi-weekly schedule following next weeks
call.
If it is a difficult time / date for people, please let me know off-list.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Thick WHOIS PDP Drafting Team
teleconference held on Thursday 30 August 2012 at 1800 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-thick-whois-20120830-en.mp3

On page:  http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#aug

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees

Wilson Abigaba - NCUC

Elisa Cooper - CBUC

Avri Doria - NCSG
Keith Drazek - RySG
Ray Fassett - RySG
Alan Greenberg - At-Large

Frédéric Guillemaut  - RrSG

Tony Harris - ISPCP

Caroline Hoover - RySG

Susan Kawaguchi - CBUC

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Mikey O'Connor - ISPCP

Tim Ruiz - RrSG

Carlton Samuels - At-Large

Jonathan Zuck - IPC

ICANN Staff

Marika Konings

Berry Cobb

Barbara Roseman

Gisella Gruber

Glen de Saint Gery

Apology:

Volker Greimann

 Susan Prosser - RrSG

Ekaterina Dureva - Individual

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Gisella

Mailing list archives:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-thickwhois-dt/

Wiki page:

https://community.icann.org/x/whgQAg

Information on WHOIS can be found on page

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/thick-whois.htm

Participants subscribed to the drafting team

Wilson Abigaba - NCUC

Bob Bruen - NARALO ALS

Elisa Cooper - CBUC

Avri Doria - NCSG
Keith Drazek - RySG
Ekaterina Dureva - Individual
Ray Fassett - RySG
Alan Greenberg - At-Large
Volker Greimann - RrSG

Frédéric Guillemaut  - RrSG

Tony Harris - ISPCP

Caroline Hoover - RySG

Susan Kawaguchi - CBUC

Evan Leibovitch - At-Large

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Mikey O'Connor - ISPCP

Susan Prosser - RrSG

Tim Ruiz - RrSG

Carlton Samuels - At-Large

Michael Shohat - RrSG

Jonathan Tenenbaum - RrSG

Brian Winterfeldt - IPC

Jonathan Zuck - IPC

Observers

Stephane van Gelder - RrSG

Jeff Neuman - RySG

Wolf-Ulrich Knoben - ISPCP

 ******

Adobe Connect Chat Transcript:
  Marika Konings:Welcome to the 'thick' Whois DT Meeting of 30 August 2012
  Barb Roseman:I'm on mute because there's a lot of background noise
  Gisella Gruber-White:Wilson Abigaba, Tim Ruiz and Jonathan Zuck have joined
the call
  Gisella Gruber-White:Carolyn Hoover is on the call as well
  Gisella Gruber-White:Carlton Samuels has joined the call
  Marika Konings:Sorry, I disconnected myself
  Marika Konings:Next are Alan, Carolyn, Wilson
  Marika Konings:Jonathan, Tim and Carlton
  avri:Tim's intro makes him a perfect target for chair of this group
  Keith Drazek, Verisign:+1 avri
  Keith Drazek, Verisign:well....if no one else is interested... (just kidding!)
  avri:charters define what is in and out of scope.  that matters to me.
  Carlton Samuels:@Avri: +1.  This defines my interest...and wtching brief from
the At-Large perspective
  avri:How about Mikey?
  Mike O'Connor:i could do it, if it doesn't drive somebody crazy...
  frederic guillemaut:thank you, yes please send the pdf file.
  Alan Greenberg:Keith, Verisgn has unofficially implied that they will go with
whatever comes out of this PDP, so perhaps you are more impartial than most of
us. (although I don't know what the optics of a Verisign person chairing the DT
are).
  Keith Drazek, Verisign:Hi Alan, thanks. Verisign is contractually obligated
to implement any consensus policy that results from this (or any) PDP. We
believe this PDP is absolutely the appropriate forum to decide this issue once
and for all.  That said, I think the optics could be an impediment!
  Elisa Cooper:-
  Keith Drazek, Verisign:this time works for me
  Carlton Samuels:A meeting next week at the same time is good idea.
Thereafter, I should think a bi-wwekly meeting
  Carolyn Hoover (dotCoop):This time is good for me as well
  Keith Drazek, Verisign:weekly or bi-weekly meetings are fine with me.
  avri:perhaps we should kee[ the weekly/bi-weekly decsion until next week.
  Ray Fassett - RySG:thanks Marika