ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhois-dt]

[gnso-thickwhois-dt] Consensus-candidate charter draft

  • To: "Gnso-thickwhois-dt@xxxxxxxxx DT" <Gnso-thickwhois-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-thickwhois-dt] Consensus-candidate charter draft
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:06:16 -0500

hi all,

i'm attaching a new draft for you to review.  it would be absolutely terrific
if we could beat this draft up on the list and arrive at consensus on our next
(and hopefully final) call next Thursday.

i'm shipping it without the redlining because the redline history is getting
pretty busy.  but it's all there if you'd like to review the changes in detail.

here's what's changing;

- i drove that last draft version of the "transition to authoritative" language
in

- i added a footnote to clarify what we mean by "domains they sponsor"

- i've wandered through the draft and tried to get the capitalization right on
the words registrar and registry

- i've summarily deleted a couple of Jeff's suggestions -- Jeff, there wasn't
much appetite for them on the last call, so this is your chance to
advocate/persuade if you feel really strongly (although i'll note that this is
really your second chance since you had the opportunity to post to the list
last week as well)

- i've restructured a few sentences to swing them into the active voice and
made a few other (hopefully) cosmetic changes to the language.

let's try to really kick this draft hard so we can polish this off on the next
call -- otherwise Marika tells me we'll miss the deadline for the Toronto
agenda and i'll have to work off my schedule failure as the lowest-ranked
roadie in her rock band.  ;-)

thanks,

mikey

phone   651-647-6109