ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhois-dt]

Re: [gnso-thickwhois-dt] Consensus-candidate charter draft

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-thickwhois-dt@xxxxxxxxx DT" <Gnso-thickwhois-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-thickwhois-dt] Consensus-candidate charter draft
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 13:03:39 -0400

Having reviewed the clean draft and the more recent suggestions, I have a few questions/concerns:

All comments are with regard to Mission and Scope.

Under Accessibility. The text does not match the time. The text refers only to cost-effectiveness (a rather vague term as already mentioned) and not accessibility. I suggest replacing "cost-effective" with either "effective" or if we want to include the cost concept, "effective and cost-effective".

Under Data synchronization between Registry and Registrars, this titme does not quite match the text. Perhaps changing the word in the title to synchronization/migration will fix it.

Under Other implications, this implies that after the transition, the Registry will be have authority (2nd definition) over the Registrant data, and that is not the case. The "possibly" in Keith's comments may fix this.

In the (currently) last section, I think that How to conduct such a transition is out of scope and certainly not required. Te WG does need to be satisfied that such a transition is viable and might set a time limit for it, but the rest is implementation.

On Keith's suggestion to the section on Whois applications, it loses the question about whether applications need to be changed or not.

Alan