ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg]

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] thinking about people who signed up for future-subgroups

  • To: Thick Whois WG <gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] thinking about people who signed up for future-subgroups
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 09:37:47 -0600

hi all,

we had a great conversation during the teams-update part of the call yesterday.
 Jonathan was wondering whether there is work that could be done by people who
are signed up for teams that haven't started yet.  i thought it was a great
question and i promised to cogitate about it and get out to the list with some
ideas.  this is the result.

i've been pushing to get a few teams started, because "getting started" is
often hard and things get easier once the process is under way.  but i didn't
want to start *all* the teams, just to keep things a little bit simpler to
manage.  so i lobbied for a few teams, doing work that probably would feed into
other topics.  that's how we wound up with the three teams that have started up.

but that leaves some people with nothing to do for a while.  i hate that.  :-)

so i think it's fine to have people who've signed up for future teams to start
thinking about the topics they are interested in.  here's my first-try idea.

- let's set up mailing lists for those remaining teams, with the people who
signed up in the poll (and anybody else who wants to volunteer for a topic).
that way people can have a way to begin their conversation.

- somewhat later, we'll go through another "clumping" exercise and see if some
of those topics can be combined as well.  no harm done if we do, we can just
combine the email lists

- members can start thinking about;

        - who would like to be a leader

        - information-sources for their analysis (and either posting them to
the wiki, or forwarding them to Marika so she can)

        - developing questions for the expert-panal

what to people think of this first-try idea?

mikey

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP
(ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)