ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-trans-pdp]

RE: [gnso-trans-pdp] Drafting group - PDP on transfer denial reasons

  • To: "'Olof Nordling'" <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-trans-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-trans-pdp] Drafting group - PDP on transfer denial reasons
  • From: "Michael Collins" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:16:31 -0400

Olof and all,

It is clear to me that the scope is narrow in that we are only clarifying
four specific "transfer denial reasons". It is not clear to me from the
Council motion whether we are to consider anything other than interpreting
the intent of the 2003 Task Force.

Some registrars have adopted unconventional interpretations of the transfer
denial reasons which they claim protect registrants. Should we consider
whether registrants are protected by the unconventional interpretation or
are we limited to only consider whether the Task Force intended the
unconventional interpretation?

Best regards,
Michael Collins
Internet Commerce Association