ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-travel-dt]

[gnso-travel-dt] Re: Draft document and next steps

  • To: gnso-travel-dt@xxxxxxxxx, "Glen_de_Saint_Géry" <glen@xxxxxxxxx>, "Olga Cavalli" <olgacavalli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-travel-dt] Re: Draft document and next steps
  • From: "Olga Cavalli" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:15:02 -0200

Dear collegues,
we were not successful with the Doodle in arrangin our next conference call.
On the other hand we should agree on a draft text to send for consideration
to the Council.
If I recieve no other comments or suggestions then we could consider the
following text as our drafted version.
Any comments are welcome.
Best regards
Olga

*GNSO PRINCIPLES FOR ALLOCATION OF TRAVEL SUPPORT FUNDS FOR ICANN MEETING*

Allocation and Control:

The total GNSO Travel support budget (less the amount allotted to the NCAs
and GNSO Council chair) should be divided to the extent possible on an equal
basis among the GNSO constituencies.

The use of travel support funds is for travel to ICANN meetings, including
regional, inter-sessional, and face-to-face working group meetings.

The use of travel support funds is to be solely determined by each
constituency independently as it sees fit to most effectively progress the
work of the GNSO.

The GNSO Council has no role in deciding how these funds are allocated
to individuals.

Transparency and Reporting:

The names of all who receive travel support must be made known publicly.
What is covered for each (e.g. air fare, accommodations, per diem – not the
dollar amounts) must also be made public.

Everyone who is supported must make known (e.g. in a report) publicly the
dates of travel, accommodations (which hotel) and meetings attended and/or
work accomplished. Note: This should take less than a page to describe.