ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Draft agenda for the VI WG call next week

  • To: "icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Draft agenda for the VI WG call next week
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:54:37 -0400

I actually agree with Mike, but with a slight variation on the theme.  At the
end of Mike's e-mail he uses an example of a disproportionate amount of
contracted parties and says that may be a basis to ask for less members from
those houses.  I think the real issue is not just contracted parties, but those
that want to be contracted parties.  So for example, Mind and Machines, Mike
Rodebaugh, Ron Andruff and anyone else that represents potential new TLDs
should also be considered.  In that way, I see it a number of categories of
participants which may have overlap.

1.  Pure RYSG stakeholders with no interest in new TLDs
2.  Pure RrSG stakeholders with no intent on participating in the new TLD
process (other than being a registrar for new TLDs)
3.  CSG stakeholder with no ties to new TLD applicants
4.  NCSG Stakeholders with no ties to new TLD applicants
5.  CSG or NCSG stakeholders with a tie to new TLD applicants
6.  New TLD Applicants (front end or back end registries) with no ties to any
one stakeholder group.
7.  Individuals/ALAC with ties to new TLD applicants
8.  Individuals/ALAC with no ties to new TLD applicants.

I even may have missed a few categories.

Given that I see no way to feasibly break this down by volunteer, I believe we
should not entertain the exercise of limiting participation in the group.

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.