ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] FW: Kristina Rosette VI WG SOI

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] FW: Kristina Rosette VI WG SOI
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:04:55 -0700

Forwarded rom: Rosette, Kristina

Hello Glen,

Here is my SOI for the VI WG.  Many thanks.

1. Current vocation, employer and position
Attorney, Covington & Burling LLP, Special Counsel
2. Type of work performed in 1 above
I specialize in Internet and trademark matters, and represent trademark owner
clients in connection with such matters. Among my responsibilities, I develop
and implement strategies in the areas of offensive and defensive domain name
registration, Internet monitoring and enforcement, anti-counterfeiting and
anti-fraud; reclaim domain names through negotiation, arbitration (under the
UDRP, .biz STOP, and .mobi Sunrise Challenge policies, thus far), and
litigation; advise clients on trademark clearance, use, prosecution, and
maintenance matters; negotiate and draft transactional documents relating to
Internet-related assets and perform due diligence reviews of such assets; and
design trademark usage policies and guidelines and anti-counterfeiting
strategies for use in virtual worlds and social networks.  In connection with
advising firm clients of generally noteworthy trademark- or Internet-related
developments, I have also provided information and updates on DNS developments
(e.g., posting of reports and documents for public comment, creation of new
policy development processes and working groups, outcomes of ICANN Board
meetings). All such communications have been, and will continue to be, based
solely on publicly available information and documents.

3. Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in
registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties in ICANN
policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other
arrangement

None
4. Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN policy development
outcomes. Are you representing other parties?
I have no commercial interest in ICANN policy development outcomes.  No, I am
not representing any firm clients in connection with the outcome of this PDP or
any other.  As noted above, I do provide status updates on ICANN policy
developments to a number of firm clients.

5. Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other group,
constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as an advisory
group team member

None.  I am a member of the Intellectual Property Constituency and one of its
two GNSO Council representatives, and will provide IPC members with status
updates on the WG's progress. .

6. Geographic Region associated with the nationality of volunteer (Africa,
North America, Latin America/Caribbean, Asia/Australia/Pacific and Europe)

North America.
7. Stakeholder Group(s) in which volunteer currently participates within the
ICANN organization
Commercial Stakeholder Group, Intellectual Property Constitutency (see number
5).