ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10]Scott Austin Statement of Interest

  • To: <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>, <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10]Scott Austin Statement of Interest
  • From: "Austin, Scott" <SAustin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 23:32:36 -0400

Glen: Statement of Interest for Scott Austin

1.   Current vocation, employer and position

I am an attorney in private practice as a partner at Roetzel & Andress LPA, a
250 lawyer firm with 5 offices in Florida, 5 in Ohio and an office in
Washington, D. C. I work from the firm's Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Columbus,
Ohio offices. primarily in Intellectual Property litigation and Information
Technology law.

Type of work performed in 1 above

My daily responsibilities include handling ICANN-related issues, patent
trademark and copyright disputes before the UDPTO, TTAB and federal courts. I
also represent clients in computer law and Internet legal issues, including
UDRP and ACPA claims, privacy and defamation, first amendment and online
promotion issues. I have been in private practice for 26 years and also taught
intellectual property law and corporate law at several law schools and am board
certified in intellectual property law in Florida. I authored a column in the
trade press on law and technology issues and have published both bar journal
and law review articles on technology law.

Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in
registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties in ICANN
policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other
arrangement.

I have no financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in  any
current registry operator, registrar.  To the best of my knowledge, I have no
ownership interest in any entity that currently has business before the GNSO or
ICANN.

Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN policy development outcomes.
Are you representing other parties?

My commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development outcomes is focused on
their potential impacts on my client base of intellectual property owners,
trademark holders, website developers, and application service providers and
others whose business model relies heavily on doing business online.

Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other group,
constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as an advisory
group team member.

Member of INTA gTLD subcommittee of Internet Committee assigned to participate
in Vertical Integration WG by Subcommittee Chair Fabricio Vayra.

Geographic Region associated with the nationality of volunteer (Africa, North
America, Latin America/Caribbean, Asia/Australia/Pacific and Europe)

North America.

Stakeholder Group(s) in which volunteer currently participates within the ICANN
organization.

Intellectual Property Constituency.

Best regards,
Scott Austin

Scott R. Austin
Roetzel & Andress, P.A.
350 Las Olas Boulevard
Las Olas Centre II, Suite 1150
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Direct Phone No.: 954-759-2768
Main Phone No: 954-462-4150
Fax No.: 954-462-4260
Email: saustin@xxxxxxxxx
www.ralaw.com

Both Scott R. Austin and Roetzel & Andress intend that this message be used
exclusively by the addressee(s). This message may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
Unauthorized disclosure or use of this information is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please permanently dispose of
the original message and notify Scott Austin immediately at 954.759.2768. Thank
you.