ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Idea of Phasing

  • To: "Eric Brunner-Williams" <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Idea of Phasing
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:03:07 -0700

There is no auction if there is no contention. My point is, as Jeff
clarified, that if there is any special consideration of VI for
community based TLDs then those TLDs should go through an evaluation to
confirm such designation regardless of whether there is contention or
not and regardless of whether they choose comparative evaluation or not.
Right now, the applicant guidebook does not account for that.

Tim