ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Extended deadline - VI Objective 5 Poll

  • To: "'Marika Konings'" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Extended deadline - VI Objective 5 Poll
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:25:25 +0100

Thank you, Marika, good job.
In an effort to avoid conspiracy theories developing, I would like to add
that the reason why the co-chairs have, in full consensus mode, decided to
extend the poll is that at the deadline we had a limited number of replies
(which will make the sample potentially statistically less representative of
the WG body) and a tie between two options (which means that futher input
might have broken the tie).
Personally, I would also like to add that I have seen some free text
comments that are quite helpful, for instance in indicating some qualitative
elements that can help the co-chairs to make a decision in case the
quantitative elements are not statistically relevant in indicating a clear
will of the WG participants.
I understand that this "articulate questions and extend deadlines" action
might be confusing and demanding to the WG participants, but rest assured
that the co-chairs are trying their best to get the "feeling of the
audience" before making a decision. Please vote, and please use also the
free text to give some qualitative indication.
Regards,
Roberto

  _____