ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Proposed text VI Public Comment Forum

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: Proposed text VI Public Comment Forum
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:46:26 +0200

Marika,

I concur with Jeff.

On (ii). The economic analysis is not an abstract good, it is the
product of some very specific contracts, which like most ICANN
external expertise exercises, manage to miss salient details such as
the basic contractual forms -- open (now "standard") and sponsored
(now "community-based"). The disclosure of the identity of the
economists retained adds clarity.

For the record, I'd like to see the contract authorizing CRAI to
engage in the work for which the CRAI Report in the Fall of 2008,
containing the surprising VI and SR hypos. I still want the question I
asked Counsel in November of that year answered.

Eric