ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] So, what's best for consumers? Anyone? Bueller?

  • To: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Antony Van Couvering'" <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] So, what's best for consumers? Anyone? Bueller?
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:59:37 -0400

Let me chime in to reinforce Michael's message - it would be useful to obtain
Even without formal responses, I think it advanced the dialogue and some
interesting questions have been raised about private TLDs in particular. In my
case for sure there is no interest in delaying.

--MM

From: owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx [owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Michael D. Palage [michael@xxxxxxxxxx]

While we have tended to disagree on many points as of late, I thought the
one point we might be able to agree on was the survey jointly authored by
myself, Avri, and Milton. The purpose of the survey was to show ICANN and
the GAC, that the community clearly recognizes many different types of
innovative models that have not yet been realized in the marketplace. Most
importantly, many of the models/hypos were about "expanding" the use of the
name space and not merely "duplicating" it.

Unfortunately, instead of being viewed as a mechanism that could gather data
to support the continued responsible expanse of the name space, it has
unfortunately been interpreted as a delay tactic. I agree with Milton that