ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Call for agenda items

  • To: "'Mike O'Connor'" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Call for agenda items
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 22:15:56 +0200

It would be helpful if the proponents take this 5 minutes presentation as
the outline of a case study, that the members of the WG could take as
example for furhter debate. The worst thing that could happen, IMHO, is if
this turns out into a sort of a "beauty contest" among different proposals
or, worse, into the dress rehearsal of a future presentation to the Board of
their actual business case.
I am sure that none of the presenters had this in mind, but I cannot help
going back to 2000, when I was chairing the GA during the ICANN meeting in
LA when the Board had to decide the first slot of new gTLDs.....
Cheers,
Roberto