ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: Fwd: [gnso-vi-feb10] Jointly Submitted Survey Concept

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: [gnso-vi-feb10] Jointly Submitted Survey Concept
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 12:34:57 -0400

Mike,

I've observed that several of these are similar, without comment or
correction by their authors. I'm not saying that my observation is
necessarily correct, but if the authors of those use cases are
certain, beyond doubt or discussion, that they represent vital and
interestingly distinct use cases, that's a novel way to collaborate.

As a reminder, what distinguishes AMEX_IDs, COMSAST_IDs, FACEBOOK_IDs,
iTune_IDs, google_IDs, RIM_ITs from each other?

How is the association of some non-address identifier with a domain
improve the hypothetical that for some reason domains are not
transferable without mediation by the registry?

At a minute for each of 14 use case per model, most of the time is
going to be spent visiting a series of vendor IDs.

Eric