ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Jointly Submitted Survey Concept

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Jointly Submitted Survey Concept
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 11:39:36 -0500

hi Eric,

my thought here isn't so much to discuss the actual use-cases on the call, but
to launch a use-case sub-group that can drive some of those issues to ground.
you're right, discussing them all would blow out our 15 minute time-budget.

but i'm thinking that if we had some parallel work going on, some people
focused on refining proposals others refining/analyzing use-cases, that we
could move things forward.

thanks,

mikey

On Apr 5, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I've observed that several of these are similar, without comment or
> correction by their authors. I'm not saying that my observation is
> necessarily correct, but if the authors of those use cases are
> certain, beyond doubt or discussion, that they represent vital and
> interestingly distinct use cases, that's a novel way to collaborate.
>
> As a reminder, what distinguishes AMEX_IDs, COMSAST_IDs, FACEBOOK_IDs,
> iTune_IDs, google_IDs, RIM_ITs from each other?
>

> How is the association of some non-address identifier with a domain
> improve the hypothetical that for some reason domains are not
> transferable without mediation by the registry?
>
> At a minute for each of 14 use case per model, most of the time is
> going to be spent visiting a series of vendor IDs.
>
> Eric

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     www.haven2.com