ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro - Notes & Chat Transcript from Today's Vertical Integration Call

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro - Notes & Chat Transcript from Today's Vertical Integration Call
  • From: Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 13:32:28 -0700

Dear All,

Please find attached the notes and chat transcript from today's call.

Best Regards,

Margie

______________

Margie Milam
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN
______________

VI Agenda 5 April 2010
- Review and approve agenda - 5 minutes
- Roll call - 1 minute
- Discuss proposals - 30 minutes
- Discuss use-cases - 15 minutes
- Discuss analysis options and approach - 10 minutes
- Discuss process and tools - 15 minutes
- Solicit more proposals and use-cases
- Form sub-groups for proposals?
- Form a sub-group for use-cases and use-case analysis?
- Tools to support sub-groups?
- AOB (any other business) - 14 minutes
_____________
Notes:
Next week:  Eric B-W and Mike Palage/Avri/Milton to present proposal
Jeff N. presents NeuStar Proposal, and explains how differs from Registry SG
position.  Answers questions related to limits of domains that can be
registered by the registry- 30,000 maximum  proposal came from existing
agreements and is open for discussion.
Jeff E. presents Demand Media Proposal-
Clarification needed for what is a "single owner/registrant"; may need to
consider use.
Jon Nevett presents Proposal-
Clarifies that some of his proposal, such as the 15% ownership threshold, was
proposed to reflect the status quo in current contracts.
________________
Is there interest in forming a sub-group on "use cases"?
Roberto suggests that we develop an evaluation process  from which to analyze
the various proposals.
Kathy Kleiman willing to volunteer to attempt to develop definitions.
Mikey to reevalute and refine proposal to identify an evaluation mechanism for
discussion at next meeting.
Suggestions for administrative tools to facilitate group-  such as continuous
polling on the various proposals to see what is gaining traction.  Chairs are
evaluating these and other ideas to help advance the group's work.
Ken Stubb's proposal-   face to face might be useful to work out the details of
a proposal to help get to closure quickly.
Jeff E.-  Suggests setting a deadline for submitting proposals.
JJJ Subgroup to form to see if they can work out the differences between each
of their proposals.  Glen to set up an email list for the Triple J Subteam.