ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?

  • To: Ruiz Tim <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:52:53 +1000

i tend to agree with Tim

Looking back on the list archive we've spent over half our time discussing a
model that almost no-one, in the last two years of public DAG comments, has
asked for.

I'm not saying we shouldn't spend any time on the Single Registrant, Single
User (SRSU) model.  But I do think that making it a major focus of our group
undermines the integrity and credibility of the public comment process.

If we see a lot of public comments during this PDP in favor of an SRSU model
then lets certainly spend more time on it.    Up until now it's a solution in
search of a problem (for this round).

RT