ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?
  • From: Jothan Frakes <jothan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 01:32:25 -0700

Jarkko, well put.  If I may elevate and enhance your list, there is a 'D'
and 'E'

D] Many brands don't want to exhibit the double standard of their position -
many have their legal team waving a very public flag against new TLDs whilst
in the mean time their CEO and marketing prepare their applications or call
ICANN to find out how to get theirs.  They don't want the embarrassment of
appearing that the right hand and left hand don't know what each other are
doing.

E] Similar to above, company has done everything in their power to stop or
delay the new TLDs, but has a 'plan B' to participate in an application
should their primary efforts fail.  Again, quiet about the decision to apply
because if plan B leaked out they'd undermine their efforts to sabotage the
new TLD program.

Jothan Frakes
+1.206-355-0230 tel
+1.206-201-6881 fax