ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?

  • To: Ruiz Tim <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>, Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 08:06:07 +1000

we didnt give much thought to TMs and brands becoming gTLDs because those
parties, for the last two years, have uniformly said that new TLDs
are unwanted and unnecessary.

they didnt abstain from comment (for competitive reasons).   They actively
challenged the need and utility for new TLDs.

I'd hate for this group to tie itself in knots trying to create a solution for
people who didn't ask for one

Richard