ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 18:16:37 -0400

Hi,

I am not looking for solutions for .band or for the company you claim did not
want TLDS (never head tem say that btw).

I am looking for a solution for the NGOs and other organizations who are
providing a soclal service, e.g. an avenue to freedom of expression and other
civil liberties, who see the second, level TLD as a means of achieving their
goals and who feel that providing these free to their members is a public good
that warrants their application for a TLD.  ICANn, a corporationin the public
good, serving this need seems important to me.

and if .brand is able to use the same mechanisms what does it matter?

a.