ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] What do we mean by "single registrant"?
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 08:36:20 -0400

I agree with Avri on this.
I have 25 years of experience in national and international public policy
debates concerning economic regulation and if I call something "protectionism"
I don't do it lightly. That being said, the shock that was initially generated
by the suggestion that we kill SR TLDs altogether has passed; the people who
suggested it seem to have backed off; the tone is improving. Both sides were
responsible for the escalation and I think the solution is to focus on
substance and mutually acceptable compromises that address legitimate concerns.

--MM