ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Single Registrant TLDs

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Single Registrant TLDs
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 17:25:28 +1000

Correct.    If we decide on zero cross ownership (0CO) the SR Registry would
have to use an unaffiliated registrar to register the names it needs.  In
today's competitive registrar market that would be an easy and inexpensive
thing to do.

I dont think there's any question about whether an SR Registry can register
names on behalf of others (e.g. members).    It can.    In doing so it would be
subject to the rights and responsibilities of any registrant.

RT