ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Benefits of Cross Owenship - Presentation

  • To: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Benefits of Cross Owenship - Presentation
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 11:44:18 -0400

Jeff E.

Thank you for clarifying your views.

In a nutshell, where CORE asserts that benefit can exist through seven
(or so, depending on the hypothetical ownership cap of the moment)
registries sharing a registrar, offering equal access to any other,
possibly zero, or more, initial registrar(s), DEMANDMEDIA's response
is that CORE is mistaken, and such benefit can only arise from an
unshared registrar, unique to each registry, and optionally, offering
equal access to any other, possibly zero, or more, initial registrar(s).

So there is no basis for attempting to find a position common to both
CORE and DEMANDMEDIA.

I didn't think that was necessary, but I appreciate that advocacy has
its logic of necessity. Thanks for your time.

Eric