ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Benefits of Cross Owenship - Presentation

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Benefits of Cross Owenship - Presentation
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 02:04:42 +1000

Jeff,

Don't the existing contracts  (e.g. MOBI) already address this (my boldface
below):

7.1 (c)  Restrictions on Acquisition of Ownership or Controlling Interest in
Registrar. Registry Operator shall not acquire, directly or indirectly, control
of, or a greater than fifteen percent ownership interest in, any
ICANN-accredited registrar.

Are you asking for control language in addition to that?

RT