ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] Single Registrant issue

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Single Registrant issue
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 17:31:24 -0400

On 13 Apr 2010, at 17:11, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

> We have no view on the "single registrant" policy question as it has
> not yet been posed.

This statement seems to show up a lot and I take it to mean that many of us are
behaving badly by continuing discuss it when we have been admonished by CORE
not to.

I have been clear about thinking that this issue is not precluded from our
charter.  And I believe that many other people have followed a similar line of
reasoning no matter what their specific view on the subject.

But if someone is going to keep making what I believe is a disruptive claim
that something is out of scope, we better deal with that issue.  Basically the
chairs need to let us or CORE know so that we do not need to be continually
the recipients of a backhanded reprimand from CORE on this issue.

a.