ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Single Registrant issue

  • To: "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Single Registrant issue
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:46:56 +0200

Avri:

> I have been clear about thinking that this issue is not
> precluded from our charter.  And I believe that many other
> people have followed a similar line of reasoning no matter
> what their specific view on the subject.
>
> But if someone is going to keep making what I believe is a
> disruptive claim that something is out of scope, we better
> deal with that issue.  Basically the chairs need to let us or
> CORE know so that we do not need to be continually  the
> recipients of a backhanded reprimand from CORE on this issue.

I thought I have expressed my thoughts in a sufficiently clear way, so
unless my co-chair has a different view we will accept discussion points
related to SR, as well as points that are orthogonal to it.

I am sure that SR is not the only subject that one or more WG members would
not like to see discussed. My take is that, while there is no obligation to
contribute for who does not want to, there is no reason for stopping the
others from discussing it.

Cheers,
Roberto