ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Innovative Proposal

  • To: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Innovative Proposal
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 07:43:10 -0400

Richard,

I'm not attempting to speak for PIR, but CORE's position is that the
registrar(s) in which a registry has CAP-or-less ownership shall sell
names in that TLD.

That is the point of a shared registrar, to provide a sales access to
the sharing registries, should no other exist, or a registry perceived
insufficiency, or lack of competition amongst the registrars selling
some or all of the sharing registries.

It is not an investment position in a .com registrar.

Again, I'm not speaking for PIR, however, if the PIR proposal is seen
as an extension of the CORE proposal, adding exception language, then
the CORE proposal, and its rational, should answer your question.

Eric